Crate Stormwater Storage Systems – Aquavoid Plus
Heavy duty Aquavoid-Plus (700kN/m2) for very deep installations and HGV use. The system has Control Units to provide for maintenance and inspection and can also be used to create silt routes through the system. The Aquavoid is supported by Vortex Flow Controls, geotextiles and geomembranes.
When a normal drainage system cannot cope with large volumes of storm water it can divert the flow into a Naylor Aquavoid® storage, infiltration and attenuation system, to slowly release water after the storm has passed, thus avoiding localised flooding. Aquavoid® is stocked in 400mm high units but is also available in 100mm increments to order allowing complete flexibility of design.
The Aquavoid-Plus system has already been tested by the independent German DIBt certification body to an equivalent set of DIN standards to those in the new regime, and can therefore be specified with confidence when designing structures requiring up to 50 years lifespan.
We are able to offer 2 versions to the market – a standard Aquavoid-Traffic version, with a short term compressive load rating of 400kN/m2, and a heavy duty Aquavoid-Plus version, with a load rating of 700kN/m2 (when tested in accordance with the previous CIRIA C680 guidance) – and sales of these systems are starting to rapidly increase. Furthermore, both Aquavoid systems can be assembled in 100mm depth intervals, or are available as 400mm high modules from stock, and the ability to create a silt route right through the structures enhances their compliance with the new guidance.
Advantages & Benefits of Naylor Aquavoid:
- High Bearing Capacity, sufficient for pedestrian, traffic and HGV use
- Large Storage Capacity, 95% voids
- Economic to install & maintain
- Prevents extreme peak flows to main drainage and water purification systems
- Rainwater is “cleaned” by geotextile surround
- Decreases flooding during heavy rain falls
- Promotes the balance in the groundwater position
- Decreases environmental problems caused by development
- Flexible – can easily be expanded in all directions
- Suitable for high and low groundwater situations
- Inlets/Outlets: 110, 160, 200, 225 & 300mm dia pipes
- Car Parks
- Landscaped Areas
- Recreational Areas
- Amenity Areas
- Caravan Sites
- Commercial Sites
Volume 144 litres (6.944/m3)