Enviroblock is a medium duty porous paving grid system for reinforcing grass or gravel surfaces. Manufactured from 100% recycled plastic, it is ideal for SUDs schemes and where medium duty traffic is creating problems such as emergency parking areas etc.
- Enables designers to increase the overall aesthetics of their schemes by utilising naturally occurring materials, such as grass or aggregate
- Suitable for infiltration and attenuation projects
- Permanently porous
- Complies with current government legislation to promote sustainability
- Strong interlocking modular design ensures fast installation
- Very high porosity ensuring excellent drainage characteristics
- Overflow car parks
- Green roof and rooftop gardens
- Under bridges
Enviroblock can also be used alongside more traditional forms of paving to remove stormwater. Typically in an overflow car park where the tarmac running areas drain towards the porous surface of the parking bays created by the Enviroblock.
Nominal Size: 0.5m x 0.5m x 40mm deep, 4 Units/m2; Weight/unit: 1.1kg; Colour: Black; Strength: 1,780kN/m2 (180 tonnes); No per pallet: 120; Pallet Dims: 1m x 1.1m x 1.2m height, weight 150kg.
The units are laid on a 30mm bed of compacted sharp sand or grit over a non woven needle punched geotextile (this layer is essential to prevent sand migration into the sub base beneath). The sub base (free draining) is installed according to the anticipated load, with a lightweight geotextile layer beneath again to prevent migration. The Integra is then either backfilled with topsoil and seeded for a grass finish or 5-15mm angular gravel for a gravel finish.
- Demarcation Blocks – mark out parking spaces and disabled bays
- Geotextile – use under the compacted sand as an infiltration layer for SUDs
- Hydroblox – to provide drainage where a porous sub base is not used or where the infiltration to the sub grade is insufficient